Top 10 Things to Make 5S NOT Work
Things to Do to Ensure Your 5S Efforts Will Fail
10. Sort, Straighten, and Shine someone else’s area.
9. Clean and shine for the sake of cleaning, not inspection and safety.
8. Don’t audit and sustain the improvements you’ve made.
7. Say, “I know where everything is, so my office is 5S’d.”
6. Say, “We’re too busy to maintain 5S.”
5. Do 5S audits and don’t do problem solving sheets.
4. Think that the purpose of 5S is to increase flow and productivity.
3. Make a goal and measure the number of 5S Kaizen events.
2. Yell at someone when they don’t follow the new 5S standards.
1. Let the boss 5S employees’ work area.
Do you have a story?
If you have a story either about successful 5S or 5S that failed – tell us about it. Either use our email (and we will post it as a blog), or leave a comment below. The best 5S story wins a free seat for you or a friend to our 5S workshop in April! Let the contest begin.
Guest Posted Stories (Check back for Updates):
Check back for more!